Your facial skin is one of the first areas to be impacted by sun exposure and aging. If your skin is showing the signs of age, it may be time for you to treat yourself to the stunning results of laser skin resurfacing for skin rejuvenation.
What to expect with laser skin resurfacing
A single laser resurfacing treatment usually takes anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour, depending on which areas you are having treated. While your treatment will be 100 percent customized and tailored to you, there are several basic steps that every treatment follows:
- Anesthetic: As the first step, we will apply a topical numbing gel to both increase your comfort and enhance the efficacy of the treatment.
- Cleansing and preparation: Your skin will then be thoroughly cleansed to remove any toxins, oils, and bacteria that may be on the surface.
- Treatment: The selected laser treatment will then be performed on the targeted areas by moving the laser slowly over the designated areas.
- Protection: Once complete, we will wrap your skin to help protect it during the initial healing phase.
- Recovery: Depending on the intensity and size of your treatment, you can expect the recovery to take anywhere from four days to three weeks. You will need to stay out of the sun and follow post-operative instructions carefully to ensure proper healing and maximize your results.