Your eyes reveal your emotions, personality, and background, and are one of your most attractive features. Unfortunately, the eyes are continuously exposed to the elements, and delicate eyelid skin, over time, loses its flexibility.
The eyelid skin begins to sag and droop, and you may develop bags beneath your eyes, crow’s feet, a heavy brow, and creases between your eyebrows, leaving you looking older and tired. At Face Austin, we perform several surgical and non-surgical procedures to restore a refreshed, healthy, youthful look to your eyes.
Bags under your eyes
As the muscles and fat tissues around your eyes age, the fat can drift to the lower lids, creating under-eye bags. The tissues may accumulate fluid, adding to the size and visibility of the eye bags, leaving you looking tired, even when well-rested. Extreme cases of fluid retention and fat migration can appear, called “festoons.” These aesthetic problems are treated at Face Austin with:
- Lower blepharoplasty: A lower blepharoplasty is a delicate surgery to remove under-eye bags, drooping lower eyelids, fine wrinkles, and under-eye circles.
- Volume replacement with natural fat transfer or fillers: Smoothing sunken undereye bags or visible tear troughs can be achieved with precision injections of dermal fillers or natural fat to restore a refreshed, youthful look to your face.
A heavy, droopy brow leaves you looking older, tired, and less energetic and vital. The first step in treating this condition is determining whether addressing the brow or the eyelid will be most effective. A full evaluation of your facial structure will reveal which area of your face should be treated to achieve the best results.
To bring a refreshed, lively look back to your face, at Face Austin, we may recommend one of the following treatments:
- Upper blepharoplasty: Upper eyelid surgery removes excess skin from the upper eyelids and may involve tightening loosened muscles. At Face Austin, we perform this procedure with precision with the goal of achieving a very refreshed, natural look, not overdone or “wide-eyed.”
- Brow lift: A brow lift treats a saggy, heavy brow, smoothing creases, restoring brows that have drifted downward, with the added benefit of subtly lifting the eyelids. The end result will appear fresh and natural, leaving looking more youthful and approachable.
Frown lines and crow’s feet
The most effective way to smooth away frown lines and crow’s feet is with customized BOTOX® injections.
- BOTOX: When BOTOX injections are performed with precision, the treatment produces a smooth, unlined brow and fades the appearance of crow’s feet. Over time, consistent BOTOX injections have an added benefit: These injections ward off the development of wrinkles and lines. The skills with which your injections are performed are a critical aspect in the beauty of your results.
Your brow tissues, over time, can begin to drift downwards, with the eyebrows moving below the orbital bone, creating a heavy look to your upper face along with droopy eyelids. These aesthetic problems can be resolved with one of the following procedures:
- Brow lift: A custom brow lift may be the appropriate approach for a very heavily lined, drooping brow. The procedure repositions the tissues and removes excess skin to restore a youthful, refreshed look to your upper face.
- BOTOX: Precision BOTOX injections allow the brow muscles to relax and lift for a facial appearance that is far smoother and more youthful.
My forehead is way too big
A very high forehead can create an unbalanced look to your face. At Face Austin, we perform custom procedures to create the ideal balance for an overly large forehead, including:
- Forehead reduction: This procedure involves lowering the hairline to create a more aesthetic balance to your facial structure. The surgery can significantly improve the facial appearance of a person with a larger forehead, and although others may not know why, they will notice you look more attractive as aesthetic balance to your face is restored.
- Hair transplant: If your forehead appears larger due to a receding hairline, a custom hair transplant procedure will restore a more youthful hairline.
In some cases, both a forehead lift and hair transplant procedure are appropriate. Meet with
Dr. Antunes at Face Austin so he can fully evaluate your condition, listen to your personal desires, and inform you of the best approach for you.