A non-surgical rhinoplasty may be the ideal way to alter the appearance of your nose. If you have a minor nose flaw, you may not need surgery to achieve the look you envision but can achieve a more attractive nose shape with a custom liquid nose job. This approach may be ideal if you have a minor nose shape issue rather than a more extreme structural problem.
What can a non-surgical rhinoplasty do?
Non-surgical rhinoplasty involves the meticulous injection of dermal filler to camouflage minor nose flaws. The filler injections can subtly alter the appearance of your nose without a scalpel, stitches, or a long recovery time. As the filler will eventually be absorbed, maintaining the changes will require regular treatments. You may want to try this approach before committing to a surgical rhinoplasty, as it allows you to see how a change in shape will look.
Who is a candidate for a non-surgical nose job?
You could be a good candidate for this non-surgical approach to nose reshaping if:
- You are unhappy with a smaller hump on the bridge of your nose.
- Your nose tip has a slight droop.
- You had a rhinoplasty that has a minor irregularity.
- You don’t have available time for a surgical procedure and recovery.
Liquid rhinoplasty vs. surgical rhinoplasty: Pros and cons
Non-surgical rhinoplasty is not right for everyone, and only an in-person consultation will reveal if this approach will achieve the changes you want. Each method has pros and cons:
Pros of a non-surgical rhinoplasty
- Takes only about 15 minutes to perform.
- Results appear immediately.
- No anesthesia, scalpels, or stitches.
- Hyaluronic acid fillers can be reversed.
- Costs less than surgery.
Cons of a non-surgical rhinoplasty
- The changes are temporary.
- You will need to continue to get filler injections to maintain the look.
- The effects may not be sufficient to achieve the results you envision.
Pros of surgical nose reshaping surgery
- The results last a lifetime.
- Breathing issues are resolved.
- Addresses all aspects of the nose structure.
- Other cosmetic surgeries can be performed in the same surgical appointment.
Cons of surgical nose job
- Requires anesthesia.
- You will need time to recover.
- While the results are lasting, surgery is more expensive.
Who is a candidate for non-surgical rhinoplasty in Austin?
If you need only a subtle alteration to your nose appearance, you may be a good candidate for this alternative. If you wear glasses, you must not wear them for up to two weeks. However, if you have a minor nose shape problem, you may be a good candidate.
What is the procedure?
A non-surgical nose job is performed in our private Austin clinic. You will be seated comfortably. Your nose is then cleansed. A numbing cream may be applied. The dermal filler is then meticulously injected into specific areas of your nose and then massaged. The entire procedure requires less than an hour to complete.
What is the recovery time?
While there is no real recovery time, you will be required to avoid putting any pressure on your nose for two weeks. You may experience minor swelling, which typically fades quickly.
Why choose Face Austin for non-surgical rhinoplasty?
If you are considering a liquid nose job, there is no better place to undergo the procedure than Face Austin. Injecting dermal fillers into the nose requires a thorough understanding of the facial structure, including nerves, blood vessels, and tissues. Dr. Antunes is a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon who has an eye for balance and structure. His warmth of personality, genuine care for his patients, and his philosophy that “no shortcuts to quality,” mean you will be under the care of a talented surgeon who focuses on achieving excellent results.