Dermal fillers allow you to add volume to your face, smooth wrinkles, creases, and lines, enhance lips, and create a more appealing look. Dermal fillers come in various formulas, with each developed to treat a specific area of your face.
Thinner formulas are ideal for smoothing lip lines, and the thicker formulas are injected to add volume to the cheekbones, jawline, or chin, or inject in a “liquid facelift” to create a younger facial look without surgery, or a “liquid rhinoplasty” to alter nose shape non-surgically.
Hyaluronic acid – nature’s volumizer
Young skin has an abundance of natural hyaluronic acid (HA). It is a sugar molecule that binds water to collagen, creating a plumper, hydrated skin quality. As you age, your body stops producing the same quantity of HA, with the skin becoming thinner and less supple, with wrinkles and lines appearing. When an HA dermal filler is injected, the thinning areas are plumped, and lines and creases are smoothed away.
Types of dermal fillers
At Face Austin, our approach to anti-aging and facial enhancement with fillers is precise and meticulous. The goal is to create a more attractive facial look without overfilling. We use a range of filler products and select the ideal formula for each area of the face. The most popular and effective fillers include:
Juvéderm dermal fillers
Juvéderm is among the most popular and effective dermal fillers available in the USA. The formulas include:
- Juvéderm Vollure XC: This filler is often ideal for people with moderate to severe facial wrinkles. The smoothing effect lasts for about 18 months before retreatment is needed. It has added lidocaine to make the injections more comfortable. For deep smile lines around your nose and mouth, this filler produces a beautiful effect.
- Juvéderm Voluma XC: Voluma is a thicker formula, ideal for restoring volume at the cheeks, with the added benefit of subtly lifting the lower facial skin for a younger look. This product can resolve age-related mid-face loss of volume.
- Juvéderm Volbella: This formula was developed to enhance lip volume and smooth vertical lip lines.
- Juvéderm Ultra XC: For a more dramatic change to lips or to enhance cheek volume, Ultra produces a beautiful, soft increase in lip volume, and can smooth vertical lip lines, and lasts about one year.
- Juvéderm Ultra Plus XC: A thicker formula, Ultra Plus is injected more deeply into the skin to restore lost volume at various areas of your face, including your lips.
Restylane dermal fillers
The Restylane line of dermal HA fillers can produce a beautiful level of facial rejuvenation and is available in several formulas:
- Restylane: A firmer dermal filler formulated to reduce the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles, including smile lines and laugh lines.
- Restylane Refyne: A softer, more flexible dermal filler that can be injected to smooth lip lines, reduce facial wrinkles, and to reduce the signs of aging skin.
- Restylane Lyft: An HA filler injected to restore lost volume at cheeks, temples, or other facial areas to create a more youthful, refreshed look.
- Restylane Kysse: Kysse was developed to create flexible, soft lip volume without impacting your natural expressions.
- Restylane Silk: For a more dramatic level of lip enhancement and for smoothing vertical lip creases, Silk may be the ideal product for you.
Why choose Face Austin for dermal filler injections?
We provide custom dermal filler injections. At Face Austin, we are meticulous, and our expert injector is focused on creating an enhancement that appears entirely natural. Our entire practice is based on our philosophy: There are no shortcuts to quality. We may use several types of fillers, each selected to achieve the refreshed, youthful look you envision.